Summer is approaching, the temperature is raising and you’re pregnant which means even more heat. What are the best ways to keep cool? We’ve thrown together a few tips on how just to do that without too much of a strain and in ways that you can still enjoy the sun.
- Wear light coloured clothing as dark coloured clothing absorbs heat
- Take quick showers often and or carry around with you a spray bottle filled with cool water
- Try to keep your feet up to reduce swelling
- Any extreme tasks you may need to do, try to do them early in the morning or in the evening as temperatures are much cooler around these times
- Grab a few naps here and there. Your body temperature drops when you’re sleeping
- Carry around a mini battery operated fan, they always come in handy!
- If indoors, crack a window open or two and take in the fresh air. More than likely it’ll be cooler outside than it is indoors
- Keep out of the direct sunlight. If you do want to enjoy the sun up close and personal, don’t forget your sunscreen
- Most importantly keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water, keep some ice on hand. You can spice it up a bit with an ice cold smoothie or “mocktail”.